New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
The Effect of Coil Configuration on Run Length of Thermal Cracking Reactors
1Tarbiat Modares University, email@example.com
2Tarbiat Modares University, firstname.lastname@example.org
3Tarbiat Modares University, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1372, December 2007
- Published Online:
Various parameters such as type of feedstock, inlet and outlet coil temperature, heat flux and residence time, affect the performance of a thermal cracking reactor. The pyrolysis coil configuration is one of the most important parameters which affects the performance of the reactor.In this research the effect of four different coil configurations, namely single row, millisecond, split and reversed split have been studied on run length, product yields, outside surface temperature of coil, coke deposition as well as temperature and pressure distribution. The reactor under investigation is the thermal cracker of Abadan petrochemical complex which uses propane as feedstock. The results show that millisecond coil configuration has the highest yield of ethylene and lowest coke thickness. However, it exhibits the lowest run length and worst ratio of length to diameter conditions. On the other hand, single row coil configuration has the lowest ethylene yield and highest coke thickness but, the highest run length with the lowest pressure drop also belongs to this coil configuration. It also presents the most even distribution of pressure and a linear temperature profile across the coil length, favoring better selectivity.