New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Solid Velocity in Shallow Spouted Beds Consisting of Solids of Varying Density
1Universidad del País Vasco, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Universidad del País Vasco, email@example.com
3Universidad del País Vasco, firstname.lastname@example.org
4Universidad del País Vasco, email@example.com
5Universidad del País Vasco, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1397, November 2007
- Published Online:
The vertical component of solid velocity has been measured in shallow spouted beds by means of an optical fibre, for different geometric factors of the contactor (angle and inlet diameter) and under different experimental conditions (height of the stagnant bed, particle diameter and air velocity). The study has been carried out with glass beads and materials of lower density (high- and low-density polyethylene, polypropylene and extruded and expanded polystyrene) in the spout zone of shallow spouted beds. The calculation of velocity along the axis has been carried out by solving a force balance rising along the spout and the core of the fountain.