New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
A Reliable Model-Based Approach for the Detection of Equipment Faults in a Chemical Reactor
1Université de Rouen, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1403, October 2007
- Published Online:
In this paper a real-time system for detecting changes in dynamic systems is designed. The cumulative sum (CUSUM) or the Page-Hinkley test is intended to reveal any drift from the normal behavior of the process. The process behavior under its normal operating conditions is established by a reliable model. In order to obtain this reliable model for the process dynamics, the black-box identification by means of a NARMAX (Nonlinear Auto-Regressive Moving Average with eXogenous) model has been chosen in this study. It is based on the neural network approach. This paper will show the choice and the performance of this neural network in the training and the test phases. A study is related to the inputs number, hidden neurons used and their influence on the behavior of the neural predictor. Three statistical criterions are used for the validation of the experimental data. After describing the system architecture and the proposed methodology of the fault detection, we present a realistic application such as a reactor in order to show the technique's potential. The purpose is to detect the change presence and pinpoint the moment it occurred.