New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Conversion of ?-Zein to an Angiotensin I-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor under the Supercritical Water Condition
1National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), email@example.com
2National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), firstname.lastname@example.org
3National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), email@example.com
4National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1519, July 2008
- Published Online:
Inhibitors of an angiotensin I-converting enzyme were produced from ?-zein in a batch reactor under subcritical and supercritical water conditions. Inhibitors produced under supercritical conditions in a flow reactor assembly were more sensitive. In a flow reactor system 5 mg of inhibitors were produced from 1 micromole of ?-zein. The hydrolysis products of ?-zein obtained in the flow reactor had a higher ACE inhibitory activity of 78% compared to 69% obtained using the batch reactor. An angiotensin I-converting enzyme [EC 3.4. 1 5. l] (ACE) is used to catalyze the production of vasoconstrictor angiotensin II and for the inactivation of the vasodilator bradykinin.