New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Simulation of Slurry Polymerization of Ethylene
1University of Mumbai, email@example.com
2University of Mumbai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1654, December 2008
- Published Online:
A model of slurry polymerization of ethylene in a multistage continuous stirred-tank reactor (CSTR) was developed in order to find the effect of stagewise variation of parameters on polymer polydispersity and rate of polymerization. Higbie's penetration theory has been used to calculate monomer absorption rate in the presence of micron-sized single site type catalyst in slurry phase. The residence time distribution of the growing polymer particles in an ideal CSTR was modelled by a relaxation-type unsteady state approach. The effect of gas-liquid mass transfer limitations on polymer properties is predicted for various reactor configurations. An analysis of various possible configurations of two-stage CSTR with stagewise variation of the partial pressures of ethylene and/or hydrogen has been made.