New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Achieving Stability under Inaccessible Conversions Using CSTR Cascades
1University of Malaya, firstname.lastname@example.org
2University of Malaya, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1697, September 2008
- Published Online:
Multiple steady states in an isothermal CSTR for reaction rates of the form R=kC/(1+KC)2 exhibit concentration multiplicity for a certain parameter range of the Damkohler number, Da. The unstable steady state of the above reaction rate form is very difficult to be observed and maintained. In this work the graphical solution method as proposed by Chen and Crynes (1987) is modified to attain a cascade of CSTRs that are capable of achieving this inaccessible steady state. The modified numerical scheme is based on optimization search. This method was successful in achieving the inaccessible steady state by two CSTRs cascade. The comparison with the graphical method showed that the modified method is faster and more accurate in solving the CSTR problem. The CSTR cascade gives better stability and tolerance to a probable control system failure.