New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
The Production of Syngas by Dry Reforming in Membrane Reactor Using Alumina-Supported Rh Catalyst: A Simulation Study
1Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India, email@example.com
2Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India, firstname.lastname@example.org
3Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India, email@example.com
4Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1803, December 2008
- Published Online:
A one-dimensional, isothermal mathematical model for methane reforming with carbon dioxide in a conventional fixed bed reactor (FBR) and a porous Vycor glass membrane reactor (MR) has been developed. The reactors are packed with alumina-supported Rh catalyst. A simulation study shows that conversion of methane is higher in MR than that of FBR at all temperatures. In order to analyze the overall performance of MR, a detailed simulation study has been carried out to elucidate the effect of temperature, sweep gas flow rate, dilution ratio, feed ratio on percent conversion of methane, yield of hydrogen and carbon monoxide, and ratio of hydrogen to carbon monoxide in produced syngas. Besides, a comprehensive investigation on the effectiveness of the catalysts for methane reforming with carbon dioxide reaction has been made and presented.