New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Kinetics of Benzyl Butyrate Synthesis under Solid-Liquid Phase Transfer Catalysis
1Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 7, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1871, May 2009
- Published Online:
The substitution reaction of benzyl chloride and sodium butyrate to form benzyl butyrate, using tetrabutyl ammonium bromide as the phase transfer catalyst (PTC) in a solid-liquid phase condition was studied. Benzyl chloride in solvent toluene forms the organic phase whereas sodium butyrate remains in solid form. A kinetic study of the system had been performed by varying different process variables. Different phase transfer catalysts were employed to find out the most effective catalyst. No conversion was found without catalyst.Homogeneous solubilisation mechanism was followed to explain the kinetic model and to interpret the experimental data.