New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Gas-Solids Flow Properties of a Square Circulating Fluidized Bed with Secondary Air Injection
1Harbin Institute of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Harbin Institute of Technology, email@example.com
3Harbin Institute of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
4Harbin Institute of Technology, email@example.com
5Harbin Institute of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
6Harbin Institute of Technology, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1990, February 2010
- Published Online:
Effects of secondary air (SA) injection or air-staging on the gas-solids flow properties in the riser of a circulating fluidized bed (CFB) were investigated. The experiments were carried out in a CFB cold model with a square cross-section of 0.25m×0.25m and a height of 6.07m. The axial pressure drop profile along the riser was reported. And the local solids holdup profile at the centerline and the diagonal line of some cross sections which influenced by the SA injection was measured with an optical fiber probe. Two SA arrangement modes, i.e. four SA nozzles located on four walls (Wall SA) and four corners (Corner SA) were conducted. Air-staging results in a denser bottom bed for both two SA modes. The Wall SA case has a higher solids holdup than the Corner SA case in most regions of lower bed except the corner region but was leaner in the vicinity of SA injection level. W-shaped solids concentration profile was found in the region immediately above the SA injection level for Wall SA case but not obvious for Corner SA case. Fractal dimension was analyzed for pressure drop fluctuations and local solids concentration signal. Air-staging led to smaller fractal dimension value than the case without SA injection. The SA jets affected the local gas-solids distribution and fluctuation in the region close to the SA injection. Radial and axial solids transfer should be considered for the fractal analysis.