New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Cascade Control Scheme for Tubular Reactors with Multiple Temperature Measurements
1Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Azcapotzalco, email@example.com
3Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1998, April 2010
- Published Online:
In this work, we introduce a new structure for cascade control scheme based on a weighted average temperature of three-temperature measurement distributed along the axial position of the tubular reactor. The control configuration exploits the information provided by two additional temperature sensors located close to the feed and the output positions of the tubular reactor. The configuration with the averaged temperature improves the behavior of the classical cascade control scheme by enhancing the disturbance rejection. Numerical simulations of two axial dispersion models of tubular reactors are used to illustrate and compare the control performance.