New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
On the Mathematical Modelling of Diffusion-Migration Mass Transport of Protons
1Universidad de la República, email@example.com
2Universidad de la República, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2040, February 2010
- Published Online:
A one-dimensional-isothermal model and an analytical solution for the mass transport (migration and diffusion) of protons in a single PEM fuel cell have been developed. Under a linear approximation between current density and electric potential (pseudo-primary current distribution) we have obtained the proton concentration profile along the cathodic and anodic gas diffusers as a function of the position. The graphical shape of the function allows us to discuss the effect of the physicochemical parameters in our model especially on the anodic side of the diffuser. From the dependence of the electric potential and current density with the position we have obtained a theoretical polarization curve. Under the pseudo-primary current distribution, the fitting of the first points yields a high Tafel slope for the cell operation performance. In spite of being a limited model for the cell performance, this is one of the least analytical and exact solved solutions obtained from mass balances in the course of the hydrogen electrooxidation and oxygen electroreduction. We consider that this situation would probably put some more knowledge in the understanding of the PEMFC functional description.