New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Modeling and Optimization of MeOH to DME in Isothermal Fixed-bed Reactor
1Shiraz University, email@example.com
2Shiraz University, firstname.lastname@example.org
3Shiraz University, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2063, April 2010
- Published Online:
Dimethyl ether (DME) is a green fuel that commercially produced in an adiabatic fixed bed reactor by methanol dehydration. In the present work, a shell and tube fixed bed reactor is modeled and optimized for DME production. The reactor is modeled based on mass and energy conservation equations as well as auxiliary equations. In order to estimate the DME production and temperature profile along the reactor, a one dimensional heterogeneous model consist of a set of nonlinear differential and algebraic equations has been solved numerically. Also, The DME production in the isothermal reactor is maximized by adjusting the optimal temperature distribution along the reactor using genetic algorithm. Then, the performance of the proposed isothermal reactor is compared with industrial adiabatic fixed bed reactor. Results showed the higher DME production rate and methanol conversion in the optimized reactor.