New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Heat Transfer between Fluidized Bed and Horizontal Bundle of Tubes in a Vertical Channel
1Benha University, email@example.com
2Benha University, firstname.lastname@example.org
3Benha University, email@example.com
4Benha University, firstname.lastname@example.org
5Benha University, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2123, July 2010
- Published Online:
The present work aims to study the fluidization and heat transfer characteristics around a single horizontal heated tube, in-line tubes arrangement and staggered tubes arrangement immersed in a gas fluidized bed. The experiments were carried out on a square test section column (16 cm x 16 cm x 95 cm) from a steel sheet of 3 mm thickness. Each arrangement of the tubes is installed in a separate test section. The plane tube bank for both in-line and staggered tubes arrangement consists of 5 rows and four tubes per row in equal vertical and horizontal pitch arrangement. The experimental setup has a transition channel with the same square section and 30 cm height. The other side of the transition channel has one hole of 5 mm inside diameter and 30 mm long to measure the pressure before the distributor plate. The bed material used is sand particles of different sizes (1400 µm, 1600 µm, and 1850 µm). For the tested arrangements, the results show that the average heat transfer coefficient increases with the increase of the fluidizing velocity and with the decrease in particle diameter. Also, the comparison between the in-line and staggered tube arrangement showed that, the average heat transfer coefficient in case of staggered is higher than that of the in-line tube arrangement. Moreover, empirical correlations for the average Nusselt number of the tested arrangements using the experimental data are presented.