New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Oxidation of Benzyl Alcohol in Liquid Phase Catalyzed by Cobalt Oxide
1University of Peshawar, Pakistan, email@example.com
2University of Peshawar, Pakistan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2162, April 2010
- Published Online:
Cobalt oxide was synthesized by mechano-chemical process in solid phase and was characterized by particle size analysis, nitrogen adsorption, XRD and DRIFT. A study was performed to evaluate the catalytic activities of cobalt oxide for oxidation of benzyl alcohol in liquid phase, using toluene as solvent. Benzaldehyde and benzoic acid were identified as the reaction products. Effects of various parameters like reaction time, temperature, catalyst loading and partial pressure of oxygen on reaction performance were studied. Activation energy was found as 46.14 kJ/mol. Langmuir-Hinshelwood type of mechanism was found to be applicable to experimental data. The catalyst was found to be heterogeneous in nature, which can be easily separated from the reaction mixture by filtration.