New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Characterisation of Tar produced in the Gasification of Biomass with in situ Catalytic Reforming
1University of Teramo, email@example.com
2University of L’Aquila, firstname.lastname@example.org
3University of Teramo, email@example.com
4University of Metz, firstname.lastname@example.org
5University of L’Aquila, email@example.com
6Pall Corporation, Manfred.Nacken@europe.pall.com
7Pall Corporation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2188, February 2010
- Published Online:
This paper concerns the cleaning of the hot gas produced by steam gasification of biomass in a fluidized bed. The cleaning takes place in a catalytic filter candle device placed directly in the freeboard of the bed. Such integration results in a compact processing unit and increased thermal efficiency; the result of the cleaning being carried out directly at the reactor outlet temperature. It thus lends itself to exploitation in distributed power generation systems utilizing renewable energy sources. Results are reported for runs performed in a bench scale fluidized bed steam gasifier fitted with a single full-size catalytic candle filter. Tar and particulates in the product gas were sampled in accord with technical specification CEN/TS 15439 with analysis by UV and fluorescence spectroscopy.