New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Mathematical Simulation of Solid-Liquid Diffusion in Continuous Countercurrrent Extraction Process, Part II - Modeling Verification and Its Application
1Walailak University, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Prince of Songkla University, email@example.com
3Walailak University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2271, July 2010
- Published Online:
In this work, a backmixing-diffusion model was developed for continuous countercurrent extraction process. Various parameters/factors influenced the extraction were investigated for juice extraction. Important parameters/factors studied were solid to liquid ratio, solid retention time, extraction temperature, external resistance to mass transfer, size and shape of solid materials and degree of backmixing for solid and liquid phase. For juice extraction from pineapple, apple and pear, it was found that the backmixing-diffusion concept can be used through the whole range of operation time. The model could predict the concentration profile well for both unsteady state period and steady state one. The simulation was successful for juice extraction process.