New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Enhancement of Brønsted Acidity in Sulfate-Vanadium Treated Silica-Titania Aerogel as Oxidative-Acidic Bifunctional Catalyst
1Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, email@example.com
3Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, firstname.lastname@example.org
4Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2289, March 2010
- Published Online:
Enhancement of Brønsted acidity in silica-titania aerogel was achieved by loading both sulfate and vanadium onto the material. This phenomena could be due to formation of V(OSi)2OH-O-SO3- in the resulted sample. In contrast, no noticeable Brønsted acidity was detected in vanadium loaded silica-titania aerogel (V/ST). UV-vis DR analysis results showed that the amount of hydrated tetrahedral titanium species, which acts as oxidative site, increased significantly upon sulfation and vanadium loading on the surface of the aerogel. However, presence of vanadium in the samples tended to transform framework tetrahedral titanium to extra framework octahedral titanium structure. The catalytic performance of the samples were evaluated in consecutive transformation of 1-octene to 1,2-octanediol through formation of 1,2-epoxyoctane using aqueous H2O2.