New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Electro Oxidation and Biodegradation of Textile Dye Effluent Containing Procion Blue 2G Using Fungal Strain Phanerochate Chrysosporium MTCC 787
1National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, email@example.com
2Central Elecrochemical Research Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org
3National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, email@example.com
4National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, firstname.lastname@example.org
5Central Electrochemical Research Institute, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2328, October 2010
- Published Online:
Biodegradation experiments were carried out using the fungal strain Phanerochate chrysosporium MTCC 787 to reduce the chemical oxygen demand (COD) and the color of the textile effluent containing Procion Blue 2G.In degradation, biochemical oxidation (BO) was coupled with an electro oxidation (EO) process before and during sequence. The integrated process was carried out in three cycles for the effluents containing 10 mL and 20 mL of inoculum (two different culture concentrations) in aerobic conditions. The overall COD reduction was 90.6% and 92.4%, respectively, and complete color removal was achieved at the end of sequential integrated oxidation process. The treated effluent was subjected to photo-oxidation to remove the microbes so that the water can be recycled after the removal of total dissolved solids (TDS).The experimental results showed that the integrated BO with EO is a viable option to reduce COD and color of the dye solution containing the bio-recalcitrant reactive dye Procion Blue 2G using the fungal strain Phanerochate chrysosporium MTCC 787.