New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Modeling of Fluid Catalytic Cracking Riser Reactor: A Review
1Thapar University, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, email@example.com
3ABES Institute of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2334, October 2010
- Published Online:
This work aims at compiling the important works on the modeling of a fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) riser reactor. The modeling of a riser reactor is very complex due to complex hydrodynamics and unknown multiple reactions, coupled with mass transfer resistance, heat transfer resistance and deactivation kinetics. A complete model of the riser reactor should include all the important physical phenomena and detailed reaction kinetics. As the computational fluid dynamics (CFD) is emerging as a powerful tool for modeling the FCC riser, various works on riser modeling using CFD are also included in the paper.