New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Non Linear State and Parameters Estimation in Chemical Processes: Analysis and Improvement of Three Estimation Structures Applied to a CSTR
1Universidad Nacional de Colombia, email@example.com
2Universidad Nacional de Colombia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 9, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.1515/1542-6580.2439, January 2011
- Published Online:
This paper proposes a new composite observer capable of estimating the states and unknown (or changing) parameters of a chemical process, using some input-output measurements, the phenomenological based model and other available knowledge about the process. The proposed composite observer contains a classic observer (CO) to estimate the state variables, an observer-based estimator (OBE) to obtain the actual values of the unknown or changing parameters needed to tune the CO, and an asymptotic observer (AO) to estimate the states needed as input to the OBE. The proposed structure was applied to a CSTR model with three state variables. With the proposed structure, the concentration of reactants and other CSTR parameters can be estimated on-line if the reactor and jacket temperatures are known. The procedure for the design of the proposed structure is simple and guarantees observer convergence. In addition, the convergence speed of state and parameter estimation can be adjusted independently.