New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Realization of Non Linear Controllers in Batch Reactor using GA and SVM
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 9, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.2603, September 2011
- Published Online:
This paper presents the application of machine learning schemes, namely SVM and GA, for realization of non linear control schemes and optimization of Batch reactor. Batch reactor is an essential unit operation in almost all batch- processing industries such as chemical and pharmaceuticals. In this approach, the temperature profile of the batch reactor is optimized using Genetic Algorithm (GA) with a view to maximize the desired product and minimize the waste product as a multi -objective function. Generic Model Control is implemented by using SVM Estimator, and it includes the non-linear model of a process to determine the control action. SVM estimator will predict the current value of the heat release makes the control performance to be more robust. The robustness performance of GMC has been experienced. Other non linear control schemes, such as Direct Inverse Control and Internal Model Control, are also implemented.