Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Experimental Research on Utilization of Steel Rolling Sludge in Sintering Process by Zhao, Haochuan/ Zhong, Wenqi/ Zhou, Guanwen/ Shao, Yingjuan/ Wang, Tiancai/ Liu, Fei and Jin, B.-S.
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
Effect of Operating Conditions for Higher Alcohols Synthesis from Synthesis Gas over Alkali-Modified Co-Rh-Mo Trimetallic Catalyst Supported on Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 9, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.1515/1542-6580.2697, July 2011
- Published Online:
The effects of operating conditions on the higher alcohols synthesis reaction from synthesis gas were studied in a single-pass tubular downflow fixed-bed reactor, using sulfided K-promoted trimetallic Co-Rh-Mo catalyst supported on multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs). The p CO conversion increased monotonically with increasing reaction temperature (from 275 to 350°C) and pressure (from 800 to 1400 psi), while decreasing monotonically with increasing GHSV (from 2.4 to 4.2 m3 (STP)/(kg of cat./h)). To maximize the ethanol STY and selectivity, the optimum operating conditions were determined as 330°C, 1320 psi, and 3.8 m3 (STP)/kg of cat./h). Maximum ethanol STY and selectivity were obtained using gas with H2 to CO molar ratio around 1.25.