New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Kinetics of Nitrate Hydrogenation in Water on Alumina and Niobia Supported Palladium-Copper Catalysts
1Universidade Federal Fluminense, email@example.com
2Universidade Federal Fluminense, firstname.lastname@example.org
3Universidade Federal Fluminense, email@example.com
4Universidade Federal Fluminense, firstname.lastname@example.org
5Universidade Federal Fluminense, Fbpassos@vm.uff.br
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 10, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.1515/1542-6580.2912, July 2012
- Published Online:
The kinetics of nitrate hydrogenation in water over niobia- and alumina-supported Pd-Cu catalysts were examined. A Langmuir-Hinshelwood kinetic model fitted concentration data, providing consistent kinetic and thermodynamic parameters. The kinetic model assumed a bimolecular surface reaction as the rate-determining step, with two types of sites. Pd-Cu/gamma-Al2O3 was active and selective under the reaction conditions. However, Pd-Cu/Nb2O5 deactivated during time on stream, and a deactivation function was added to the kinetic model to best fit the experimental data.