New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
CFD Investigation of Hydrodynamic and Heat Transfer Phenomena around Trilobe Particles in Hydrocracking Reactor
1Chemical Engineering Department, Iran University of Science and Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Process development and equipment technology division, Research Institute of Petroleum Industry, email@example.com
3Chemical Engineering Department, Iran University of Science and Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 10, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.1515/1542-6580.2917, May 2012
- Published Online:
In this work, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) has been employed to compute local convection heat transfer coefficient (h) that is the key parameter in calculation of heat transfer rate between the particle and fluids in packed bed reactors. In addition, the relation between Reynolds number and Nusselt number for spherical and trilobe catalyst particles have been investigated. Moreover, the parameters of Ranz-Marshall (R-M) correlation have been estimated in order to use it for trilobe catalyst particle. The heat transfer coefficients of the spherical and trilobe particles were compared and the effect of particle shape and configuration on heat transfer rate has been investigated. Eulerian-Eulerian approach was employed in order to investigate gas-liquid hydrodynamic especially liquid film formation around trilobe particles. The effects of liquid film around a trilobe particle and liquid volume fraction on heat transfer coefficient have also been studied. The CFD simulation results indicate that increasing inlet liquid volume fraction raises the liquid film thickness around the particles leading to reduction of heat transfer coefficient. In addition, the results revealed that flow field and temperature profiles around the particles became more complicated as a result of liquid film formation and gas-liquid interactions.