Ed. by Andrusyszyn, Mary-Anne / Cragg, Catherine Elizabeth / Goldenberg, Dolly / Iwasiw, Carroll Louise / Maltby, Hendrika J.
1 Issue per year
Volume 10 (2013)
Volume 9 (2012)
Volume 8 (2011)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 4 (2007)
Volume 3 (2006)
Volume 2 (2005)
Volume 1 (2004)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Successful Transition of the New Graduate Nurse by Romyn, Donna M/ Linton, Noreen/ Giblin, Cathy/ Hendrickson, Brenda/ Houger Limacher, Lori/ Murray, Carol/ Nordstrom, Pamela/ Thauberger, Gail/ Vosburgh, Di/ Vye-Rogers, Leianne/ Weidner, Arlene and Zimmel, Colleen M
- Curriculum Reform in Baccalaureate Nursing Education: Review of the Literature by Forbes, Maryann O and Hickey, Mary T
- Educating the Future eHealth Professional Nurse by Booth, Richard G
- Educating Leaders in Nursing: Faculty Perspectives by Kalb, Kathleen A./ O'Conner-Von, Susan K./ Schipper, Lindsay M./ Watkins, Alison K. and Yetter, Dawn M.
- Self-Efficacy and Resilience in Baccalaureate Nursing Students by Taylor, Heidi and Reyes, Helen
The Experiences of Irish Nurse Lecturers Role Transition from Clinician to Educator
1National University of Ireland, Galway, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. Volume 4, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1548-923X, DOI: 10.2202/1548-923X.1381, May 2007
- Published Online:
Described in this study are the experiences of six clinical nurses in Ireland who have transitioned to the role of nurse lecturer. Semi-structured interviews were used to gather data from these novice nurse lecturers. Data were analyzed manually and thematically, generating five emerging themes: feelings experienced during the transition; educational preparation for the role; actual and potential support structures available; hindering factors of the role; and the overall transition experience. Negative feelings and experiences encountered were found to decrease as participants accepted their role change, gained experience in their new role, and became more familiar with their work environment.