Ed. by Andrusyszyn, Mary-Anne / Cragg, Catherine Elizabeth / Goldenberg, Dolly / Iwasiw, Carroll Louise / Maltby, Hendrika J.
1 Issue per year
Volume 10 (2013)
Volume 9 (2012)
Volume 8 (2011)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 4 (2007)
Volume 3 (2006)
Volume 2 (2005)
Volume 1 (2004)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Successful Transition of the New Graduate Nurse by Romyn, Donna M/ Linton, Noreen/ Giblin, Cathy/ Hendrickson, Brenda/ Houger Limacher, Lori/ Murray, Carol/ Nordstrom, Pamela/ Thauberger, Gail/ Vosburgh, Di/ Vye-Rogers, Leianne/ Weidner, Arlene and Zimmel, Colleen M
- Curriculum Reform in Baccalaureate Nursing Education: Review of the Literature by Forbes, Maryann O and Hickey, Mary T
- Educating the Future eHealth Professional Nurse by Booth, Richard G
- Educating Leaders in Nursing: Faculty Perspectives by Kalb, Kathleen A./ O'Conner-Von, Susan K./ Schipper, Lindsay M./ Watkins, Alison K. and Yetter, Dawn M.
- Self-Efficacy and Resilience in Baccalaureate Nursing Students by Taylor, Heidi and Reyes, Helen
Community Health Nursing Practice Education: Preparing the Next Generation
1University of Lethbridge, email@example.com
2University of Lethbridge, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. Volume 8, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1548-923X, DOI: 10.2202/1548-923X.2250, June 2011
- Published Online:
Undergraduate nursing practice rotations today are quite different from what many practicing nurses experienced during their own education. This is especially true of community health practice rotations. Increasingly, non-traditional community health sites are being used as practice sites—sites such as schools, homeless shelters, non-profit agencies, and even churches. Increasingly, non-traditional practice experiences are eclipsing traditional practice experiences involving home care and public health. Why has this shift occurred, and what do these experiences offer students? Do these experiences actually prepare nursing students for clinical practice once they graduate? What does preparing the next generation of community health nurses entail?