AminM.N.,HossainM.A., andRoyK.C., 2004. Effects of moisture content on some physical properties of lentil seeds. J. Food Eng., 65, 83-87.
AOAC, 2000. Official Methods of Analysis. Washington, DC, USA.
Bagherpour H., Minaei S., and Khoshtaghaza M.H., 2010. Selected physico-mechanical properties of lentil seed. Int. Agrophys., 24, 81-84.
Coşkuner Y. and Karababa E., 2007. Some physical properties of flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum L.). J. Food Eng., 78, 1067-1073.
Daun J.K., Barthet V.J., Chornick T.L., and Duguid S., 2003. Structure, omposition, and variety development of flaxseed. In: Flaxseed in Human Nutrition (Eds S.C. Cunnane, L.H. Thompson). AOCS Press, Champaign, IL, USA.
Gopalan C., Ramasastri B.V., and Subramanian S.C., 2007. Nutritive Value of Indian Food. National Inst. Nutrition (ICMR) Press, Hyderabad, India.
Izli N., Unal H., and Sincik M., 2009. Physical and mechanical properties of rapeseed at different moisture content. Int. Agrophysics, 23, 137-145.
Kingsley A.R.P., Singh D.B., Manikantan M.R., and Jain R.K., 2006. Moisture dependent physical properties of dried pomegranate seeds. J. Food Eng., 75, 492-496.
MazzaG., 2008. Production, processing and uses of Canadian flax. Proc. 1st Int. WorkshopCGNA,August 3-6, Temuco, Chile.
Mohsenin N.N., 1980. Physical Properties of Plant and Animal Materials. Gordon and Breach Press, New York, USA.
Ozarslan C., 2002. Physical properties of cotton seed. Biosyst. Eng., 83, 169-174.
Selvi K.C., Pinar Y., and Yesiloglu E., 2006. Some physical properties of linseed. Biosyst. Eng., 95(4), 607-612.
Tunde-Akintunde T.Y. and Akintunde B.O., 2004. Some physical properties of sesame seeds. Biosyst. Eng., 88, 127-129.
Volume 28 (2014)
Volume 27 (2013)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Effect of drought and heat stresses on plant growth and yield: a review by Lipiec, J./ Doussan, C./ Nosalewicz, A. and Kondracka, K.
- Effects of silicon on plant resistance to environmental stresses: review by Balakhnina, T. and Borkowska, A.
- Fruit biomechanics based on anatomy: a review by Li, Zhiguo/ Yang, Hongling/ Li, Pingping/ Liu, Jizhan/ Wang, Jizhang and Xu, Yunfeng
- Development of Aloe vera based edible coating for tomato by Athmaselvi, K.A./ Sumitha, P. and Revathy, B.
- Effect of magnetic field on seed germination and seedling growth of sunflower by Matwijczuk, A./ Kornarzyński, K. and Pietruszewski, S.
Physical and chemical properties of flaxseed
1Division of Food Grains and Oilseeds Processing, Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology, P.O.: PAU, Ludhiana-141004, Punjab, India
Citation Information: International Agrophysics. Volume 26, Issue 4, Pages 423–426, ISSN (Print) 0236-8722, DOI: 10.2478/v10247-012-0060-4,
Physical and chemical properties of flaxseed were studied as a function of moisture content. The geometric properties increased with increasing moisture content. The bulk density, rupture force, deformation and energy absorbed decreased linearly while true density, porosity, thousand seed mass, angle of repose and static coefficient of friction increased linearly with increasing moisture content.