International Review of Applied Linguistics in Language Teaching
Ed. by Jordens, Peter / Roberts, Leah
IMPACT FACTOR increased in 2015: 0.800
Rank 72 out of 179 in category Linguistics in the 2015 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report/Social Sciences Edition
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2015: 0.911
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2015: 0.965
Impact per Publication (IPP) 2015: 0.860
Aims and Scope
International Review of Applied Linguistics in Language Teaching (IRAL) is devoted to problems of general and applied linguistics in their various forms. IRAL's long-term interest lies in areas of research which concern first- and second-language acquisition (including sign language and gestural systems). Contributions are welcome on naturalistic and instructed language learning, language loss, bilingualism, language contact, pidgins and creoles, language for specific purposes, language technology, mother-tongue education, terminology and translation. The journal also features occasional thematic issues.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
1. Submitting an article for publication
Please submit your manuscript online to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/iral.
Articles should aim to be about 8,000 words (no more than 10,000). Authors whose native language is not English are asked to have their article carefully checked by a native speaker.
2. Peer review
The journal operates a double-blind peer review that usually takes four months. Submissions are sent to 2 or 3 reviewers.
3. Formatting and style
Once accepted for publication, the author(s) will be required to submit the final version conforming to journal style. Please see the De Gruyter Mouton journal style sheet for details regarding journal style. Any special characters used should be labeled and clearly identified at their first occurrence. The Editor reserves the right to reject any articles that do not conform to the requirements.
Copies of any letters granting permission to reproduce illustrations or tables from other sources, or lengthy quoted passages, must be supplied with the manuscript.
Authors are asked to check their manuscripts very carefully before submitting them in order to prevent delays and extra costs at proofing. Authors will receive PDF proofs for correction which must be returned by dates given in the publication schedule.
Upon publication, authors will receive electronic offprints (in PDF format) of their contribution. Guest editors of special issues will receive complimentary print copies of the issue.
Details on availability and prices of recent back volumes and issues will be provided on request from firstname.lastname@example.org. All volumes of the majority of our journals* with the noted exception of the current volume are being offered by
Schmidt Periodicals GmbH, Bad Feilnbach
Tel.: (+49) 80 64 – 221
Fax: (+49) 80 64 – 557
(* For periodicals not included in this agreement, please refer to the distribution address provided by the link "Back Issues" on the homepage of the periodical.)
Abstracting & Indexing
International Review of Applied Linguistics in Language Teaching is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- British Education Index
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- De Gruyter - IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- De Gruyter - IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- DELTAA The database on English Language Teaching for Adults in Australasia
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Educational Research Abstracts Online
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Informationszentrum für Fremdsprachenforschung (IFS)
- INIST Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique
- Linguistic Bibliography Online
- Linguistics Abstracts Online
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Social Sciences Citation Index
- UB Frankfurt - BLL Bibliographie Linguistischer Literatur
- UB Frankfurt - OLC Linguistik
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)