Volume 13 (2012)
Volume 12 (2011)
Volume 10 (2009)
Volume 9 (2008)
Volume 8 (2007)
Volume 7 (2006)
Volume 6 (2005)
Volume 5 (2004)
Volume 4 (2003)
Volume 3 (2002)
Volume 2 (2001)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Digital Identity: How Social Media Is Influencing Student Learning and Development in College by Dalton, Jon C. and Crosby, Pamela C.
- Sports Build Character?! by Doty, Joseph
- Leadership Education as Character Development: Best Practices from 21 Years of Helping Graduates Live Purposeful Lives by Barch, Jon C./ Harris, Rachel and Bonsall, David L.
- Does Online Social Media Lead to Social Connection or Social Disconnection? by Twenge, Jean M.
- The Impact of Social Media on College Students by Mastrodicasa, Jeanna and Metellus, Paul
The American Dream
1Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
Citation Information: Journal of College and Character. Volume 10, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1940-1639, DOI: 10.2202/1940-1639.1055, September 2008
- Published Online:
Values education needs to become much more closely tied to education for civic agency, the skills, capacities, and identities needed for effective collective action on issues that also advances values of the common good, in environments where civic values are under siege. This will require a bolder and more political conception of the role of values educators, tied to the challenge of redeeming a democratic understanding of the American dream.