Volume 13 (2012)
Volume 12 (2011)
Volume 10 (2009)
Volume 9 (2008)
Volume 8 (2007)
Volume 7 (2006)
Volume 6 (2005)
Volume 5 (2004)
Volume 4 (2003)
Volume 3 (2002)
Volume 2 (2001)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Digital Identity: How Social Media Is Influencing Student Learning and Development in College by Dalton, Jon C. and Crosby, Pamela C.
- Sports Build Character?! by Doty, Joseph
- Leadership Education as Character Development: Best Practices from 21 Years of Helping Graduates Live Purposeful Lives by Barch, Jon C./ Harris, Rachel and Bonsall, David L.
- Does Online Social Media Lead to Social Connection or Social Disconnection? by Twenge, Jean M.
- The Impact of Social Media on College Students by Mastrodicasa, Jeanna and Metellus, Paul
Character Strengths in College: Outcomes of a Positive Psychology Project
1Arkansas State University
Citation Information: Journal of College and Character. Volume 9, Issue 3, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1940-1639, DOI: 10.2202/1940-1639.1117, February 2008
- Published Online:
Theory and practice of positive psychology can be successfully incorporated into higher education. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of teaching character strengths as part of an educational psychology course. The results indicated that participants perceived the project as successful and beneficial, and that they were intrinsically motivated to work on their character strengths.