MURAKAMI,M. et al : Ohmic contacts for compound semiconductors, Crit. Rev. in Sol. State and Mat. Sci. 23 No. 1 (1998).
 CHEN, L. C. et al : GaN-based light-emitting diodes with Ni/AuBe transparent conductive layers, Solid State Electron. 47 (2003), 1843.
 YOUN, D. H. et al : Ohmic contacts to p-type GaN, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Part 1, 37 (1998)), 1768.
 SONG, J. O. et al : Formation of low resistance and transparent ohmic contacts to p-type GaN using Ni-Mg solid solution, Appl. Phys. Lett. 83 (2004), 3513.
 SONG, J. O. et al : Low-resistance Ni-Zn solid solution /Pd ohmic contacts to p-type GaN, Semicond. Sci. Technol. 19 (2004), 669.
 HO, J. K. et al : Low-resistance ohmic contacts to p-type GaN, Appl. Phys. Lett. 74 (1999), 1275.
 SONG, J. O. et al : Low-resistance and transparent ohmic contacts to p-type GaN using Ni-Zn solid solution /Au scheme, Appl. Phys. Lett. 84 (2004), 4663.
 HO, J. K. et al : Low-resistance ohmic contacts to p-type GaN achieved by the oxidation of Ni/Au films, J. Appl. Phys. 86 (1999), 4491.
 KOIDE, Y. et al : Effects of annealing in an oxygen ambient on electrical properties of ohmic contacts to p-type GaN, J. Electron. Mater. 28 (1999), 341.
 LIDAY, J. et al : ., Auger electron spectroscopy of Au/NiOx contacts on p-GaN annealed in N2 and O2 + N2 ambients, Appl. Surf. Sci. 253 (2007), 3174.
 LIDAY, J. et al : Ohmic contacts to p-GaN using Au/Ni-Mg-O metallization, J. Electrical Engn. 61 (2010), 374.
Volume 65 (2014)
Volume 64 (2013)
Volume 63 (2012)
Volume 62 (2011)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Single Phase PWM Rectifier in Traction Application by Grman, L'ubomír/ Hraškp, Martin/ Kuchta, Jozef and Buday, Jozef
- Design and EPGA Implementation of Digital Pulse Compression for Band–Pass Radar Signals by Golubičić, Zoran/ Simić, Slobodan and Zejak, Aleksa J.
- The AZ 5214E Resist in EBDW Lithography and its Use as a RIE Etch–Mask in Etching Thin Ag Layers in N2 Plasma by Andok, Robert/ Benčurová, Anna/ Nemec, Pavol/ Konečníková, Anna/ Matay, Ladislav/ Škriniarová, Jaroslava and Hrkút, Pavol
- Low Complex Forward Adaptive Loss Compression Algorithm and Its Application in Speech Coding by Nikolić, Jelena/ Perić, Zoran/ Antić, Dragan/ Jovanović, Aleksandra and Denić, Dragan
- Mechanical Behavior and Thermal Stability of EVA Encapsulant Material Used in Photovoltaic Modules by Polanský, Radek/ Pinkerová, Martina/ Bartůňková, Monika and Prosr, Pavel
Improving the ohmic properties of contacts to P–GaN by adding p–type dopants into the metallization layer
1Slovak University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Ilkoviˇcova 3, 812 19 Bratislava
2International Laser Centre, Ilkoviˇcova 3, 812 19 Bratislava, Slovakia
This content is open access.
Citation Information: Journal of Electrical Engineering. Volume 63, Issue 6, Pages 397–401, ISSN (Online) , ISSN (Print) 1335-3632, DOI: 10.2478/v10187-012-0059-x, December 2012
- Published Online:
The work investigates an increase of the density of free charge carriers in the sub-surface region of p-GaN by adding p-type dopants into the Ni-O layer of an Au/Ni-O metallization structure. We have examined electrical properties and concentration depth profiles of contact structures Au/Ni-Mg-O/p-GaN and Au/Ni-Zn-O/p-GaN, thus with magnesium and zinc as p-type dopants. The metallization layers were deposited on p-GaN by DC reactive magnetron sputtering in an atmosphere with a low concentration of oxygen (0.2 at%). The contacts were annealed in N2 . We have found that the structures containing magnesium or zinc exhibit lower values of contact resistivity in comparison with otherwise identical contacts without Mg or Zn dopants. In our opinion, the lower values of contact resistivity of the structures containing of Mg or Zn are caused by an increased density of holes in the sub-surface region of p-GaN due to diffusion of Mg or Zn from the deposited doped contact layers.