Journal of Group Theory
Editor-in-Chief: Wilson, John S.
Managing Editor: Howie, James / Kramer, Linus / Parker, Christopher W.
Editorial Board Member: Abért, Miklós / Borovik, Alexandre V. / Boston, Nigel / Bridson, Martin R. / Caprace, Pierre-Emmanuel / Giovanni, Francesco / Guralnick, Robert / Jaikin Zapirain, Andrei / Kessar, Radha / Khukhro, Evgenii I. / Kochloukova, Dessislava H. / Malle, Gunter / Olshanskii, Alexander / Remy, Bertrand / Robinson, Derek J.S. / Willis, George
6 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2013: 0.346
Mathematical Citation Quotient 2013: 0.41
Volume 17 (2014)
Volume 16 (2013)
Volume 15 (2012)
Volume 14 (2011)
Volume 13 (2010)
Volume 12 (2009)
Volume 11 (2008)
Volume 10 (2007)
Volume 9 (2006)
Volume 8 (2005)
Volume 7 (2004)
Volume 6 (2003)
Volume 5 (2002)
Volume 4 (2001)
Volume 3 (2000)
Volume 2 (1999)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Complete homology and related dimensions of groups by Jo, Jang Hyun
- Simple groups are characterized by their non-commuting graphs by Solomon, Ronald M. and Woldar, Andrew J.
- Locally graded groups with a Bell condition on infinite subsets by Delizia, Costantino and Tortora, Antonio
- Verbally closed subgroups of free groups by Myasnikov, Alexei G. and Roman'kov, Vitaly
- Groups whose Chermak–Delgado lattice is a chain by Brewster, Ben/ Hauck, Peter and Wilcox, Elizabeth
Moufang loops that are almost groups
1School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM, Penang, Malaysia
Citation Information: Journal of Group Theory. Volume 15, Issue 1, Pages 137–149, ISSN (Online) 1435-4446, ISSN (Print) 1433-5883, DOI: 10.1515/JGT.2011.100, January 2012
It is known that Moufang loops are closely related to groups as they have many properties in common. For instance, they both have an inverse for each element and satisfy Lagrange's theorem. In this paper, we study the properties of a class of Moufang loops which are not groups, but all their proper subloops and proper quotient loops are groups.