Editor-in-Chief: Renda-Tanali, Irmak, D.Sc.
Managing Editor: McGee, Sibel, Ph.D.
2 Issues per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.547
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.568
Volume 10 (2013)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Review of Building an Enterprise-Wide Business Continuity Program by Franklin, Charlotte
- Vulnerability of U.S. Cities to Environmental Hazards by Borden, Kevin A./ Schmidtlein, Mathew C./ Emrich, Christopher T./ Piegorsch, Walter W. and Cutter, Susan L.
- An Operational Framework for Resilience by Kahan, Jerome H./ Allen, Andrew C. and George, Justin K.
- The Evolving Role of the Public Information Officer: An Examination of Social Media in Emergency Management by Hughes, Amanda L. and Palen, Leysia
- Disaster Resilience Indicators for Benchmarking Baseline Conditions by Cutter, Susan L./ Burton, Christopher G. and Emrich, Christopher T.
Review of Precautionary Risk Management: Dealing with Catastrophic Loss Potentials in Business, the Community and Society
1Risk Management Consulting & Research
Citation Information: Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. Volume 4, Issue 2, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1547-7355, DOI: 10.2202/1547-7355.1344, June 2007
- Published Online:
Precautionary Risk Management: Dealing with Catastrophic Loss Potentials in Business, the Community and Society by Mark Jablonowski takes the reader beyond the façade of pseudo-scientific assessments of hazard risk that cater to special interests and into the philosophical aspects of 'high-stakes' risk management. Jablonowski's approach provides guidance for making decisions based upon tough but honest choices between precaution and fatalism.Mark Jablonowski is a professional risk manager who has nearly 30 years of experience as insurance underwriter and insurance underwriting manager. He is founder and principal of Intuitive Risk (www.intuitiverisk.com). Jablonowski has published over 50 papers about risk assessment, risk management, uncertainty modeling, and the economics of risk. Some portions of this book have been previously published in The John Liner Review: The Quarterly Journal of Advanced Risk Management Strategies, Risk Management, The Journal of the Society of Chartered/Property Casualty Underwriters, and CPCU eJournal.