Editor-in-Chief: Renda-Tanali, Irmak, D.Sc.
Managing Editor: McGee, Sibel, Ph.D.
2 Issues per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.547
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.568
Volume 10 (2013)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Review of Building an Enterprise-Wide Business Continuity Program by Franklin, Charlotte
- Vulnerability of U.S. Cities to Environmental Hazards by Borden, Kevin A./ Schmidtlein, Mathew C./ Emrich, Christopher T./ Piegorsch, Walter W. and Cutter, Susan L.
- An Operational Framework for Resilience by Kahan, Jerome H./ Allen, Andrew C. and George, Justin K.
- The Evolving Role of the Public Information Officer: An Examination of Social Media in Emergency Management by Hughes, Amanda L. and Palen, Leysia
- Disaster Resilience Indicators for Benchmarking Baseline Conditions by Cutter, Susan L./ Burton, Christopher G. and Emrich, Christopher T.
Resilience as a Goal and Standard in Emergency Management
1George Washington University
Citation Information: Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. Volume 7, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1547-7355, DOI: 10.2202/1547-7355.1700, February 2010
- Published Online:
This opinion offers another perspective on the topic of resilience. The author contends that resilience is much more than mitigation and recovery but combines those efforts with the investment of deliberate civic involvement.