Journal of Inverse and Ill-posed Problems
Editor-in-Chief: Kabanikhin, Sergey I.
6 Issues per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2013: 0.593
Rank 143 out of 299 in category Mathematics in the 2013 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report/Science Edition
Mathematical Citation Quotient 2013: 0.51
Volume 22 (2014)
Volume 21 (2013)
Volume 20 (2012)
Volume 19 (2011)
Volume 18 (2011)
Volume 17 (2009)
Volume 16 (2008)
Volume 15 (2007)
Volume 14 (2006)
Volume 13 (2005)
Volume 12 (2004)
Volume 11 (2003)
Volume 10 (2002)
Volume 9 (2001)
Volume 8 (2000)
Volume 7 (1999)
Volume 6 (1998)
Volume 5 (1997)
Volume 4 (1996)
Volume 3 (1995)
Volume 2 (1994)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Chemnitz Symposium on Inverse ProblemsChemnitz, Germany, September 27–28, 2007 by Hofmann, B.
- Obituary of Alfredo Lorenzi
- A numerical study of heuristic parameter choice rules for total variation regularization by Kindermann, Stefan/ Mutimbu, Lawrence D. and Resmerita, Elena
- Limited-angle cone-beam computed tomography image reconstruction by total variation minimization and piecewise-constant modification by Zeng, Li/ Guo, Jiqiang and Liu, Baodong
- Carleman estimates for global uniqueness, stability and numerical methods for coefficient inverse problems by Klibanov, Michael V.
A quasi-boundary-value method for the Cauchy problem for elliptic equations with nonhomogeneous Neumann data
1School of Mathematics and Statistics, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, P.R. China and Department of Mathematics, Linköping University, Sweden.
2Department of Mathematics, Linköping University, Sweden.
3School of Mathematics and Statistics, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, P.R. China.
Citation Information: Journal of Inverse and Ill-posed Problems. Volume 18, Issue 6, Pages 617–645, ISSN (Online) 1569-3945, ISSN (Print) 0928-0219, DOI: 10.1515/jiip.2010.028, December 2010
- Published Online:
A Cauchy problem for elliptic equations with nonhomogeneous Neumann data in a cylindrical domain is investigated in this paper. For the theoretical aspect the a-priori and a-posteriori parameter choice rules are suggested and the corresponding error estimates are obtained. About the numerical aspect, for a simple case results given by two methods based on the discrete Sine transform and the finite difference method are presented; an idea of left-preconditioned GMRES (Generalized Minimum Residual) method is proposed to deal with the high dimensional case to save the time; a view of dealing with a general domain is suggested. Some ill-posed problems regularized by the quasi-boundary-value method are listed and some rules of this method are suggested.