Journal of Inverse and Ill-posed Problems
Editor-in-Chief: Kabanikhin, Sergey I.
6 Issues per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2013: 0.593
Rank 143 out of 299 in category Mathematics in the 2013 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report/Science Edition
Mathematical Citation Quotient 2013: 0.51
Volume 22 (2014)
Volume 21 (2013)
Volume 20 (2012)
Volume 19 (2011)
Volume 18 (2011)
Volume 17 (2009)
Volume 16 (2008)
Volume 15 (2007)
Volume 14 (2006)
Volume 13 (2005)
Volume 12 (2004)
Volume 11 (2003)
Volume 10 (2002)
Volume 9 (2001)
Volume 8 (2000)
Volume 7 (1999)
Volume 6 (1998)
Volume 5 (1997)
Volume 4 (1996)
Volume 3 (1995)
Volume 2 (1994)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Chemnitz Symposium on Inverse ProblemsChemnitz, Germany, September 27–28, 2007 by Hofmann, B.
- Obituary of Alfredo Lorenzi
- A numerical study of heuristic parameter choice rules for total variation regularization by Kindermann, Stefan/ Mutimbu, Lawrence D. and Resmerita, Elena
- Limited-angle cone-beam computed tomography image reconstruction by total variation minimization and piecewise-constant modification by Zeng, Li/ Guo, Jiqiang and Liu, Baodong
- Carleman estimates for global uniqueness, stability and numerical methods for coefficient inverse problems by Klibanov, Michael V.
Determination of sets with positive reach by their projection type images
1Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Akademician Koptyg str. 4, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia.
2Mathematical Department, University of Haifa, Haifa, 31905, Israel.
Citation Information: Journal of Inverse and Ill-posed Problems. Volume 19, Issue 3, Pages 407–428, ISSN (Online) 1569-3945, ISSN (Print) 0928-0219, DOI: 10.1515/jiip.2011.037, August 2011
- Published Online:
We introduce new classes of sets extending the class of convex bodies. We show strong inclusions between these classes of bodies. In the case of bodies in Euclidean spaces, we obtain a new characterization of sets with positive reach, prove the Helly type theorem for them, and find applications to geometric tomography. We investigate the problem of determination of sets with positive reach by their projection-type images, and generalize corresponding stability theorems by H. Groemer.