Journal of Inverse and Ill-posed Problems
Editor-in-Chief: Kabanikhin, Sergey I.
6 Issues per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2013: 0.593
Rank 143 out of 299 in category Mathematics in the 2013 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report/Science Edition
Mathematical Citation Quotient 2013: 0.51
Volume 22 (2014)
Volume 21 (2013)
Volume 20 (2012)
Volume 19 (2011)
Volume 18 (2011)
Volume 17 (2009)
Volume 16 (2008)
Volume 15 (2007)
Volume 14 (2006)
Volume 13 (2005)
Volume 12 (2004)
Volume 11 (2003)
Volume 10 (2002)
Volume 9 (2001)
Volume 8 (2000)
Volume 7 (1999)
Volume 6 (1998)
Volume 5 (1997)
Volume 4 (1996)
Volume 3 (1995)
Volume 2 (1994)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Chemnitz Symposium on Inverse ProblemsChemnitz, Germany, September 27–28, 2007 by Hofmann, B.
- Obituary of Alfredo Lorenzi
- A numerical study of heuristic parameter choice rules for total variation regularization by Kindermann, Stefan/ Mutimbu, Lawrence D. and Resmerita, Elena
- Limited-angle cone-beam computed tomography image reconstruction by total variation minimization and piecewise-constant modification by Zeng, Li/ Guo, Jiqiang and Liu, Baodong
- Carleman estimates for global uniqueness, stability and numerical methods for coefficient inverse problems by Klibanov, Michael V.
An inverse problem for the wave equation
1Department of Mathematics, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA 30118, USA.
Citation Information: Journal of Inverse and Ill-posed Problems. Volume 19, Issue 4-5, Pages 573–592, ISSN (Online) 1569-3945, ISSN (Print) 0928-0219, DOI: 10.1515/jiip.2011.056, November 2011
- Published Online:
In the first part of this article, we show that we can recover the coefficient q in the one-dimensional wave equation from a finite number of special lateral measurements. Moreover, if some estimates on the size of q are available, then q can be recovered from a single boundary measurement. In the second part we treat the multidimensional case and show how we can reconstruct the coefficient q from a sequence of boundary measurements taken at one point only.