- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Literary Theory is an international forum for debate in literary theory. JLT takes an interdisciplinary approach and is open to a broad variety of theories and methods, promoting their study, research, and development.
JLT reflects the diversity of approaches put forward in literary theory. It is meant to be a platform for controversial debate and dialogue. It reaches out to disciplines dealing with theoretical foundations of the study of literature as well as to related fields of research such as musicology, art theory, and film studies as well as the sciences.
Above all, the journal aims to publish work on fundamental issues in methodology and the construction of theories and concepts, as well as articles on particular literary theories. Historical case studies are accepted only if they adopt a predominantly systematic perspective, contribute to the reconstruction of the history of literary theory, or pursue innovative methods. While most issues of the print version concentrate on a special theme, independent articles are also welcome. Moreover, JLT contains work reviewing and outlining trends of theoretical debates in literary theory and related disciplines.
The print version of the Journal of Literary Theory is published twice a year; each issue contains contributions in both German and English. All articles will be accompanied by an English abstract of about two pages. Submissions are selected in a blind review process and accepted for publication by an international advisory board.
The journal is accompanied by a website (www.JLTonline.de) where reviews, conference reports and calls for papers will be offered.
- English, German
- Type of Publication:
Scholars (Literary Studies), Departments, Libraries
Submission of Manuscripts
Details on availability and prices of recent back volumes and issues will be provided on request from firstname.lastname@example.org. All volumes of the majority of our journals* with the noted exception of the current volume are being offered by
Schmidt Periodicals GmbH, Bad Feilnbach
Tel.: (+49) 80 64 – 221
Fax: (+49) 80 64 – 557
(* For periodicals not included in this agreement, please refer to the distribution address provided by the link "Back Issues" on the homepage of the periodical.)
Journal of Literary Theory is covered by the following abstracting and indexing services:
- Dietrich's Index Philosophicus
- EBSCO: Humanities International Index, Humanities International Complete
- Gale/Cengage: Academic One File
- IBR Internationale Bibliographie der Rezensionen geistes- und sozialwissenschaftlicher Zeitschriftenliteratur
- IBZ Internationale Bibliographie der geistes- und sozialwissenschaftlichen Zeitschriftenliteratur
- MLA International Bibliography
Fotis Jannidis, Gerhard Lauer, Simone Winko
- Els Andringa, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Karin Bauer, McGill University, Canada
- Vladimir Biti, Universität Wien, Austria
- Károly Csúri, University of Szeged, Hungary
- Mark Currie, University of East Anglia, UK
- Lutz Danneberg, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Erika Fischer-Lichte, Freie Universität Berlin
- Ulla Fix, Universität Leipzig
- † Harald Fricke, Universität Freiburg, Switzerland
- Richard Gerrig, Stonybrook University, NY, USA
- Katherine Hayles, Duke University, USA
- Jerrold Levinson, University of Maryland, MD, USA
- Uri Margolin, University of Alberta, Canada
- Hans-Harald Müller, Universität Hamburg
- Ansgar Nünning, Universität Gießen
- Stein Haugom Olsen, University of Østfold, Norway
- Shlomith Rimmon-Kenan, University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Jörg Schönert, Universität Hamburg
- Werner Sollors, Harvard University, MA, USA
- Peter Strohschneider, LMU München
- John Storey, University of Sunderland, UK
- Reuven Tsur, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Ugo Volli, University of Torino, Italy
- Klaus Weimar, Universität Zürich, Switzerland
JLT - Journal of Literary Theory
Seminar für Deutsche Philologie
D-37073 Göttingen, Germany
Contributors are invited to submit articles via our website ww.JLTonline.de.
JLT welcomes submissions on all topics in literary theory. Submissions should be no longer than 50,000 characters (including spaces). Each article must include an abstract of 800 to 1,000 words. Please submit articles as electronic files in Rich-Text-Format. All pages must be numbered. Please avoid using automatic running heads/feet, and turn off automatic formatting, especially numbering and hyphenation. Please refer to our website for furher information.