Journal of Mathematical Cryptology
Managing Editor: Magliveras, Spyros S. / Steinwandt, Rainer / Trung, Tran
Editorial Board Member: Blackburn, Simon R. / Brickell, Ernie / Burmester, Mike / Cramer, Ronald / Dawson, Ed / Gilman, Robert / Gonzalez Vasco, Maria Isabel / Grosek, Otokar / Imai, Hideki / Kim, Kwangjo / Koblitz, Neal / Kurosawa, Kaoru / Menezes, Alfred / Mullin, Ron / Nguyen, Phong Q. / Pieprzyk, Josef / Safavi-Naini, Rei / Shparlinski, Igor E. / Stinson, Doug / Williams, Hugh C. / Yung, Moti
4 Issues per year
Mathematical Citation Quotient 2012: 0.29
Volume 7 (2013)
Volume 6 (2012)
Volume 5 (2011)
Volume 4 (2010)
Volume 3 (2009)
Volume 2 (2008)
Most Downloaded Articles
- On the Bringer–Chabanne EPIR protocol for polynomial evaluation by Chee, Yeow Meng/ Wang, Huaxiong and Zhang, Liang Feng
- The combinatorics of generalised cumulative arrays by Martin, Keith and Ng, Siaw-Lynn
- Distribution of some sequences of points on elliptic curves by Lange, Tanja and Shparlinski, Igor E.
- Another look at HMQV by Menezes, Alfred
- Some results on query processes and reconstruction functions for unconditionally secure 2-server 1-round binary private information retrieval protocols by Stinson, D. R. and Wei, R.
On hashing into elliptic curves
1Department of Computing, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia. Email: (email)
2Department of Computing, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia. Email: (email)
3Department of Mathematics, University of Texas, Austin TX 78712, USA. Email: (email)
Citation Information: Journal of Mathematical Cryptology. Volume 3, Issue 4, Pages 353–360, ISSN (Online) 1862-2984, ISSN (Print) 1862-2976, DOI: 10.1515/JMC.2009.022, March 2010
- Published Online:
We study the hash function from a finite field 𝔽q into an elliptic curve over 𝔽q which has recently been introduced by T. Icart. In particular we slightly adjust and prove the asymptotic formula conjectured by T. Icart for the image size of this function.