Journal of Numerical Mathematics
Editor-in-Chief: Hoppe, Ronald H. W. / Kuznetsov, Yuri
Editorial Board Member: Carstensen, Carsten / Chen, Zhangxin / Dryja, M. / Feistauer, Miloslav / Glowinski, R. / Hackbusch, Wolfgang H.C. / Langer, Ulrich / Lazarov, Raytcho / Neittaanmaki, P. / Pironneau, O. / Quarteroni, Alfio / Rannacher, Rolf / Shi, Zhong-ci / Tyrtyshnikov, Eugene E. / Widlund, O. / Zou, Jun / Axelsson, Owe / Bjorstad, Petter E. / Kawarada, Hideo
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2012: 0.379
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.710
Mathematical Citation Quotient 2012: 0.49
Volume 21 (2013)
Volume 20 (2012)
Volume 19 (2011)
Volume 18 (2010)
Volume 17 (2009)
Volume 16 (2008)
Volume 15 (2007)
Volume 14 (2006)
Volume 13 (2005)
Volume 12 (2004)
Volume 11 (2003)
Volume 10 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- No Title Provided by Korotov, S./ Neittaanmäki, P. and Repin, S.
- A note on the stability of the upwind scheme for ordinary differential equations by Reinhardt, H. J.
- Adaptive finite element solution of eigenvalue problems: Balancing of discretization and iteration error by Rannacher, R./ Westenberger, A. and Wollner, W.
- Elastoviscoplastic Finite Element analysis in 100 lines of Matlab by Carstensen, C. and Klose, R.
- Explicit error bounds for an adaptive finite volume scheme by ACHCHAB, A./ AGOUZAL, A./ BOUIHAT, K. and SOUISSI, A.
Partition of unity method on nonmatching grids for the Stokes problem
∗ Mathematical Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 19716
† School of Mathematics and Computer Science, Nanjing Normal University Nanjing, 210097, Peoples Republic of China
‡ Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics and Department of Mathematics, Xiangtan University, Peoples Republic of China, 411105
§ Department of Mathematics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802
Citation Information: Journal of Numerical Mathematics jnma. Volume 13, Issue 3, Pages 157–169, ISSN (Online) 1569-3953, ISSN (Print) 1570-2820, DOI: 10.1515/156939505774286148, September 2005
We consider the Stokes problem on a plane polygonal domain We propose a finite element method for overlapping or nonmatching grids for the Stokes problem based on the partition of unity method. We prove that the discrete inf-sup condition holds with a constant independent of the overlapping size of the subdomains. The results are valid for multiple subdomains and any spatial dimension.