- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
The journal is primarily focused on corrosion engineering and surface treatment of metallic materials. We accept also articles concerning degradation of paints, enamels and other non-metallic materials used for corrosion prevention of metals. Another field of interest is conservation and restoration of cultural heritage. In this case we accept contributions concerning all materials (metals, wood, paper, leather, textiles, stone, glass and ceramics).
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- Official Journal of Czech Association of Corrosion Engineers, premier source of high quality research results from all over the world with special emphasis on Central and Eastern Europe;
- over 55 years of experience in publishing original papers dealing with corrosion science, engineering and technology;
- focused on research in corrosion and surface treatment as well as experiences in practice and „case studies“;
- original papers that advance understanding of both the fundamentals of corrosion and its application;
- excellent articles authored by researchers from all over the world, who appreciate our fast, fair and constructive peer review provided by experts in the field of corrosion engineering.
- Fast, fair and constructive peer review
- Fast publication process („submission→published article“ takes usually 3-6 months)
- High quality electronic publication technologies
- Open access (simple and charge-free access for every researcher)
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Instructions for authors
Contributions should comply with the following standard structure:
- Name of the contribution
- Names and addresses of authors and institutions, the corresponding author’s e-mail
- Abstract (max. 15 lines)
- Results (and Discussion)
- (as the case may be) Acknowledgements
1) In your articles, follow the terminology according to EN ISO 8044:2000 „Corrosion of metals and alloys: Basic terms and definitions “.
2) Write your manuscript in one of the common text editors (e.g. Word, OpenOffice). Please do not write in LaTex. Export the text in an acceptable format, such as DOC(X), RTF or TXT. Font size min. 11 points, no limitations as to the font, line spacing 1.5. (Articles are typeset anyway, no exact format is thus necessary. If you are interested, you can use a template placed in the DOWNLOADS.)
3) Tables may be a part of a text file. Figures and graphs must be submitted (if feasible) as independent files. Graphs (and tables) may be submitted as Excel files (any version). Provided that you use another programme, export the graph in a vector file, preferentially as an EPS file (PDF, WMF etc.). As to images and bitmap pictures, we prefer TIF files (uncompressed) with an optimum resolution of 150-300 DPI. Enclose captions to figures and tables submitted independently as “Appendix” in a text file.
4) Literature references in the text should be put in square brackets. References in the Literature part should comply with the ACS (American Chemical Society) standard. You can use the EndNote reference style placed in the DOWLOADS bookmark. Should the format of literature or references be incomplete, the article will be returned for revision!
6) The editing board prefers all contributions be sent by e-mail (see Contacts), with the article and other files (graphs, images) attached. Should the graphic files be more extensive, the contribution may be sent on a CD/ DVD or via an on-line public data storage.
Author’s final check-up before article submission
- research article follows the standard structure
- the text part is in DOC, RTF or TXT format
- figures have an acceptable resolution
- literature references have a correct format
We accept only contributions, that have not been published or submitted elsewhere.
We accept articles in Czech, Slovak and English language.
We provide very fast publication procedure. Our peer review is fast, fair and constructive. In a review procedure, the article is submitted to a reviewer (single blind peer review), who provides their opinion on the content of the paper. If the paper is approved, comments are anonymously sent back to the authors, who, having modified it, return the final version of the text to the editorial board. The article is published in the journal as soon as it is feasible in terms of time and space.
Tomáš Prošek, Institute de la Corrosion Brest, France
Deputy/ Managing Editor
Jan Stoulil, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Dpt. of Metals and Corrosion Engineering), Czech Republic
Editorial Advisory Board
Jiří Sikač, Henkel Inc., Czech Republic (chairman)
Vladimír Číhal, VŠB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
Luděk Joska, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Dpt. of Metals and Corrosion Engineering), Czech Republic
Kateřina Kreislová, SVÚOM Ltd., Czech Republic
Jan Macák, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Dpt. of Power Engineering), Czech Republic
Vladimír Marek, 1. Toušeňská Ltd., Czech Republic
Pavel Novák, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Dpt. of Chemical Technology of Monuments Conservation), Czech Republic
Ladislav Obr, Czech Society of Surface Treatment, Czech Republic
Petr Strzyz, Asociation of Czech and Slovak Galvanizers, Czech Republic
Stanislav Tuleja, Technical University of Košice, Slovakia
Milan Kouřil, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Dpt. of Metals and Corrosion Engineering), Czech Republic
Šárka Msallamová, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Dpt. of Metals and Corrosion Engineering), Czech Republic
Eva Dibuszová, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Publishing), Czech Republic
Kateřina Kouřilová, certified translator, Czech Republic
Jan Žalud, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague (Publishing), Czech Republic