Volume 8 (2013)
Volume 5 (2010)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Multicultural Education: Lessons from Teaching and Learning in the U.S. and Abroad by Reyes, Xaé Alicia
- Editors' Comments: Building Truly Multicultural Communities by Obiakor, Festus E. and Algozzine, Bob
- White Voice in Multiculturalism: Belonging, Professional Respect, and Role as Cultural Broker by Wilder, Lynn K.
- Office Disciplinary Referrals in an Urban Elementary School by Lo, Ya-yu and Cartledge, Gwendolyn
- Debunking Perceptions that Impede Multicultural Education by Obiakor, Festus E. and Algozzine, Bob
In Pursuit of Equality in American Higher Education: A Reality or Myth
1New Jersey City University
Citation Information: Multicultural Learning and Teaching. Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 2161-2412, DOI: 10.2202/2161-2412.1058, April 2010
- Published Online:
This article examines a personal journey of a foreign-born instructor in Americas teacher preparation programs. As a foreign-born Black woman teacher educator I came to America to live the American Dream. The American dream to me was to complete graduate studies and to leave my mark as a teacher in teacher preparation programs. Fortunately that dream has been realized. However, as a foreign born African female scholar the academic journey at times has been filled with challenges related to gender, race, and immigrant status discrimination.