- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
Multilingua is a refereed academic journal devoted to multilingualism, language learning, intercultural communication and translating and interpreting in their social contexts. Multilingua focuses on critical sociolinguistic studies of language and communication in globalization, transnationalism, migration, and mobility across time and space.
Now publishing six issues per volume, Multilingua has established itself as an international forum for interdisciplinary research on linguistic diversity in social life. The journal is particularly interested in publishing high-quality empirical yet theoretically-grounded research from hitherto neglected sociolinguistic contexts worldwide.
Multilingua is aimed at scholars, students and practitioners and promotes an appreciation of linguistic and cultural diversity and contributes to research and practice in language education, communication management, and policy and planning.
In addition to research articles, Multilingua also publishes research notes, reports, debates, review articles and short reviews. Multilingua regularly includes special issues devoted to the in-depth exploration of a specific topic in the field.
Keywords: Applied linguistics; bilingualism; communication; cross-cultural communication; discourse; ethnography; globalization; history; intercultural communication; interpreting; language; language education; language learning; language policy; language teaching; linguistics; migration; multilingualism; political economy; society; sociolinguistics; sociology; translation.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Submission of contributions. manuscripts should be submitted online to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/multi.
Manuscript preparation. Authors are requested to follow the De Gruyter Mouton journal style sheet when preparing their manuscripts. Failure to do this may result in rejection of the manuscript.
Proofs. Authors are asked to check their manuscripts very carefully before submitting them in order to prevent delays and extra costs at proofing. Authors will receive PDF proofs for correction which must be returned by dates given in the publication schedule.
Offprints. Upon publication, authors will receive electronic offprints (in PDF format) of their contribution. Guest editors of special issues will receive complimentary print copies of the issue.
Details on availability and prices of recent back volumes and issues will be provided on request from email@example.com. All volumes of the majority of our journals* with the noted exception of the current volume are being offered by
Schmidt Periodicals GmbH, Bad Feilnbach
Tel.: (+49) 80 64 – 221
Fax: (+49) 80 64 – 557
(* For periodicals not included in this agreement, please refer to the distribution address provided by the link "Back Issues" on the homepage of the periodical.)
Multilingua is covered by the following services:
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- De Gruyter - Dietrich's Index Philosophicus
- De Gruyter - Germanistik
- De Gruyter - IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- De Gruyter - IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- DELTAA The database on English Language Teaching for Adults in Australasia
- EBSCO - Academic Search
- EBSCO - Communication and Mass Media Complete
- EBSCO - MegaFILE
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gale/Cengage - Academic One File
- Google Scholar
- INIST Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique
- Linguistic Bibliography Online
- Linguistics Abstracts Online
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Deep Indexing: Technical Information
- ProQuest - Illustrata: Arts and Humanities
- ProQuest - Illustrata: Sociology
- ProQuest - International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest - Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
- ProQuest - Sociological Abstracts
- ProQuest - Worldwide Political Science Abstracts (WPSA)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Social Sciences Citation Index
- Translation Studies Bibliography
- UB Frankfurt - BLL Bibliographie Linguistischer Literatur
- UB Frankfurt - OLC Linguistik
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Department of Linguistics
Macquarie University, NSW 2109
Hanna Torsh (Macquarie University, Australia)
Jan Blommaert (Tilburg University, the Netherlands)
Deborah Cameron (Oxford University, UK)
Alexandre Duchêne (Université de Fribourg, Switzerland)
Huamei Han (Simon Fraser University, Canada)
Adam Jaworski (University of Hong Kong, China)
Sinfree B. Makoni (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
Luisa Martín Rojo (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
Ikuko Nakane (University of Melbourne, Australia)
Jirí Nekvapil (Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic)
Joseph Sung-Yul Park (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
Kimie Takahashi (International Christian University, Tokyo)
Richard Watts (Tegna, Switzerland)
Jie Zhang (Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, China)