- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
Multilingua is an international interdisciplinary journal aimed at the enhancement of cross-cultural understanding through the study of interlanguage communication. To this end it publishes articles in fields as diverse as:
- cross-cultural differences in linguistic politeness phenomena
- variety in what is traditionally regarded as one culture
- conversational style
- linguistic description of nonstandard oral varieties of language
- strategies for the organization of verbal interaction
- intracultural linguistic variety
- communication breakdown
- translation and interpretation
- information technology
- methods of managing and using multilingual tools.
Multilingua further publishes research notes, reports, review articles, short reviews, and announcements of upcoming events.
Multilingua occasionally appears as a special issue, covering a specific topic in one of its fields.
Multilingua is a peer-reviewed journal of international scope.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Contributions are welcome in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
Submission of contributions. Articles should be submitted as an email attachment sent to the Editor at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles may also be submitted by post at the following address:
Prof. Dr. Richard J. Watts
When submitting by post, three hardcopies of the article should be sent, but no diskette or CD until the article is accepted for publication.
Manuscript preparation. Authors are requested to follow the De Gruyter Mouton journal style sheet when preparing their manuscripts. Failure to do this may result in immediate rejection of the manuscript.
Proof correction guidelines. The following guidelines are given for the benefit of potential contributors to Multilingua:
(1) If the (revised) version of your article is accepted for publication, you will receive a pdf file electronically from the publisher with a letter indicating the proof-reading procedure.
(2) Authors are requested to send the corrections of the proofs directly to the Editor at the above email address within the time allotted by the publisher. Failure to do so may result in a delay in publication of the overall issue, and the editor then reserves the right to exclude the article from that issue.
(3) The Editor will enter his corrections on a master file. Corrections from the individual contributors will then be entered onto this master file once they have been received. In accordance with the Mouton house style (cf. style sheet) and additional conditions placed on the proof-reading of articles in the languages listed above, the Editor reserves the right to overrule any personal predilections that the authors might have regarding formatting, spelling, grammatical structure, etc.
(4) On receipt of the corrections to the proofs, the Editor will send two copies of a form (Copyright Transfer Agreement) signed by the Editor providing the publishers with exclusive rights to publish the article. Authors are requested to countersign this form and send one copy back to Editor within the space of time allotted to do so. Failure to do so may result in a refusal to publish the article.
Offprints. Upon publication, authors will receive electronic offprints (in PDF format) of their contribution. Guest editors of special issues will receive complimentary print copies of the issue.
Details on availability and prices of recent back volumes and issues will be provided on request from email@example.com. All volumes of the majority of our journals* with the noted exception of the current volume are being offered by
Schmidt Periodicals GmbH, Bad Feilnbach
Tel.: (+49) 80 64 – 221
Fax: (+49) 80 64 – 557
(* For periodicals not included in this agreement, please refer to the distribution address provided by the link "Back Issues" on the homepage of the periodical.)
Multilingua is covered by the following abstracting and indexing services:
- Brill: Bibliographie Linguistique/Linguistic Bibliography
- DELTAA - Database on English Language Teaching for Adults in Australasia
- Dietrich's Index Philosophicus
- EBSCO: Academic Search, Academic Source, Communication and Mass Media Index, Current Abstracts
- Elsevier: Scopus
- ERIH - European Reference Index for the Humanities
- Gale Cengage: Academic One File
- IBR Internationale Bibliographie der Rezensionen geistes- und sozialwissenschaftlicher Zeitschriftenliteratur
- IBZ Internationale Bibliographie der geistes- und sozialwissenschaftlichen Zeitschriftenliteratur
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- ISI: Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Journal Citation Report/Social Sciences Edition
- Linguistic Abstracts
- MLA International Bibliography
- ProQuest: Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences
- Translation Studies Bibliography
Richard J. Watts
Dept. of Spanish and Portuguese
Ballantine Hall 844
1020 East Kirkwood Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-7103
Enam Al-Wer (Essex, UK)
Jennifer Cheshire (London, UK)
Diana Eades (Armidale, Australia)
Monica Heller (Toronto, Canada)
Miriam A. Locher (Basel, Switzerland)
Srikant Sarangi (Cardiff, UK)
Daniel Schreier (Zurich, Switzerland)
Peter Trudgill (Norwich, UK)