Volume 19 (2013)
Volume 18 (2012)
Volume 17 (2011)
Volume 4 (1996)
Volume 3 (1995)
Volume 2 (1994)
Volume 1 (1993)
Most Downloaded Articles
- How Many Wars Is the US Fighting Today? by Bilmes, Linda J. and Intriligator, Michael D.
- Evidence about the Link Between Education, Poverty and Terrorism among Palestinians by Berrebi, Claude
- Remittances and the Financing of Terrorism In Sub-Saharan Africa: 1974 - 2006 by Elu, Juliet U. and Price, Gregory N.
- Youth Unemployment, Terrorism and Political Violence, Evidence from the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict by Caruso, Raul and Gavrilova, Evelina
- The Impact of Employment in Israel on the Palestinian Labor Force by Etkes, Haggay
The Arms Race between Greece and Turkey: Commenting on a Major Unresolved Issue
1University of Cyprus, Dept. of Computer Science, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Bank of Greece, email@example.com
Citation Information: Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy. Volume 12, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1554-8597, DOI: 10.2202/1554-8597.1092, September 2006
- Published Online:
This paper focuses on the controversy that prevails concerning the extent to which an arms race is going on between Greece and Turkey. An examination of the recent contributions on this major issue beginning the year 2000 onwards suggests that the pronounced discrepancies among the conclusions drawn in these papers may be attributed to two major reasons among others: the effectiveness of the techniques employed, as well as the inadequacy of certain policy recipes to treat actual defense incidents.