Volume 19 (2013)
Volume 18 (2012)
Volume 17 (2011)
Volume 4 (1996)
Volume 3 (1995)
Volume 2 (1994)
Volume 1 (1993)
Most Downloaded Articles
- How Many Wars Is the US Fighting Today? by Bilmes, Linda J. and Intriligator, Michael D.
- Evidence about the Link Between Education, Poverty and Terrorism among Palestinians by Berrebi, Claude
- Remittances and the Financing of Terrorism In Sub-Saharan Africa: 1974 - 2006 by Elu, Juliet U. and Price, Gregory N.
- Youth Unemployment, Terrorism and Political Violence, Evidence from the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict by Caruso, Raul and Gavrilova, Evelina
- The Impact of Employment in Israel on the Palestinian Labor Force by Etkes, Haggay
Rooted in Urban Poverty? Failed Modernization and Terrorism
1University of Paderborn, Warburger Straße 100, 33098 Paderborn, Germany. Phone: +49(0) 5251/60-2120. Fax: +49(0) 5251/60-3540
Citation Information: . Volume 18, Issue 3, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1554-8597, DOI: 10.1515/peps-2012-0009, December 2012
- Published Online:
This contribution finds that urban (but not rural) poverty fuels domestic and anti-U.S. terrorism in 43 developing countries. It argues that urban poverty aids non-state groups which use terrorism as a means to capture rents and consolidate popular support.