Volume 18 (2012)
Volume 17 (2011)
Volume 4 (1996)
Volume 3 (1995)
Volume 2 (1994)
Volume 1 (1993)
Most Downloaded Articles
- How Many Wars Is the US Fighting Today? by Bilmes, Linda and Intriligator, Michael D.
- Evidence about the Link Between Education, Poverty and Terrorism among Palestinians by Berrebi, Claude
- Lone Wolf Terrorism by Phillips, Peter J
- Youth Unemployment, Terrorism and Political Violence, Evidence from the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict by Caruso, Raul and Gavrilova, Evelina
- Remittances and the Financing of Terrorism In Sub-Saharan Africa: 1974 - 2006 by Elu, Juliet U. and Price, Gregory N.
Rooted in Urban Poverty? Failed Modernization and Terrorism
1University of Paderborn, Warburger Straße 100, 33098 Paderborn, Germany. Phone: +49(0) 5251/60-2120. Fax: +49(0) 5251/60-3540
Citation Information: . Volume 18, Issue 3, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1554-8597, DOI: 10.1515/peps-2012-0009, December 2012
- Published Online:
This contribution finds that urban (but not rural) poverty fuels domestic and anti-U.S. terrorism in 43 developing countries. It argues that urban poverty aids non-state groups which use terrorism as a means to capture rents and consolidate popular support.