Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy
Editor-in-Chief: Caruso, Raul
Ed. by Böhmelt, Tobias / Bove, Vincenzo / Kibris, Arzu / Sekeris, Petros / Shemyakina, Olga
4 Issues per year
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2014: 0.33
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2014: 0.323
Impact per Publication (IPP) 2014: 0.328
Volume 20 (2014)
Volume 19 (2013)
Volume 18 (2012)
Volume 17 (2011)
Volume 4 (1996)
Volume 3 (1995)
Volume 2 (1994)
Volume 1 (1993)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Ukraine Crisis 2014: A Study of Russian-Western Strategic Interaction by Ericson, Richard E. and Zeager, Lester A.
- Can SMS Technology Improve Low Take-up of Social Benefits? by Blanco, Mariana and Vargas, Juan F.
- Conflict, Crime, and Violence in Colombia by Vargas, Juan F. and Caruso, Raul
- Evidence about the Link Between Education, Poverty and Terrorism among Palestinians by Berrebi, Claude
- The Birth of a Democracy: Homegrown Bicameralism in Somaliland by Azam, Jean-Paul
How Many Wars Is the US Fighting Today?
1University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, USA
*Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 02138, USA
Citation Information: Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy. Volume 19, Issue 1, Pages 8–16, ISSN (Online) 1554-8597, ISSN (Print) 1554-8597, DOI: 10.1515/peps-2013-0011, May 2013
- Published Online:
The US has withdrawn from Iraq and is planning to do likewise from Afghanistan in 2014. This article argues that the US has been fighting at least 5 wars, most of which are unannounced and undeclared, and are fought with air power and robotics technology.