Review of Network Economics
Editor-in-Chief: Wright, Julian
Ed. by Miravete, Eugenio J. / Panzar, John / Peitz, Martin / Rysman, Marc / Weisman, Dennis L.
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR increased in 2014: 0.447
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 0.723
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2014: 0.394
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2014: 0.494
Impact per Publication (IPP) 2014: 0.508
Volume 12 (2013)
Volume 11 (2012)
Volume 10 (2011)
Volume 8 (2009)
Volume 7 (2008)
Volume 6 (2007)
Volume 5 (2006)
Volume 4 (2005)
Volume 2 (2003)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Container Shipping And Ports: An Overview by Notteboom, Theo E.
- A Two-Sided Market Analysis of Provider Investment Incentives with an Application to the Net-Neutrality Issue by Musacchio, John/ Schwartz, Galina and Walrand, Jean
- Network Neutrality: A Survey of the Economic Literature by Schuett, Florian
- The Economics of the Online Advertising Industry by Evans, David S.
- Merchant or Two-Sided Platform? by Hagiu, Andrei
The Economics of Open Source Software: A Survey of the Early Literature
1Department of Economics, The University of Auckland, (email)
Citation Information: Review of Network Economics. Volume 1, Issue 1, ISSN (Online) 1446-9022, DOI: 10.2202/1446-9022.1004, March 2002
- Published Online:
This paper reviews the recent literature on the economics of open source software. Two different sets of issues are addressed. The first looks at the incentives of programmers to participate in open source projects. The second considers the business models used by profit-making firms in the open source industry, and the effects on existing closed source firms. Some possible future research directions are also given.
Here you can find all Crossref-listed publications in which this article is cited. If you would like to receive automatic email messages as soon as this article is cited in other publications, simply activate the “Citation Alert” on the top of this page.