Volume 12 (2013)
Volume 11 (2012)
Volume 10 (2011)
Volume 8 (2009)
Volume 7 (2008)
Volume 6 (2007)
Volume 5 (2006)
Volume 4 (2005)
Volume 2 (2003)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Container Shipping And Ports: An Overview by Notteboom, Theo E.
- Optimal Monopoly Price Paths with Expanding Networks by Gabszewicz, Jean and Garcia, Filomena
- The Economics of the Online Advertising Industry by Evans, David S.
- Merchant or Two-Sided Platform? by Hagiu, Andrei
- Failure to Launch: Critical Mass in Platform Businesses by Evans, David S. and Schmalensee, Richard
Beyond the Rhetoric: An Introduction to Implementing TELRIC
1LECOM Associates Inc., MarkKennet@hotmail.com
1Organismo Supervisor para la Inversión Privada en Telecomunicaciones
Citation Information: Review of Network Economics. Volume 1, Issue 2, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1446-9022, DOI: 10.2202/1446-9022.1012, September 2002
- Published Online:
This paper demonstrates the feasibility of the TELRIC standard. We develop an engineering-economic model of an interoffice telephone network suitable for calculating a TELRIC interconnection cost. The model utilizes the method of simulated annealing to determine an "optimal" SONET ring. Using actual switch location data for Maryland we calculate such a network and demonstrate its incremental cost for interconnection.