Sample Preparation is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that publishes original research and review articles dealing with all aspects of fundamental and applied sample preparation including solid-phase, liquid-phase and membrane-based techniques. The journal covers all developments in sample preparation including theory, new instrumentation and devices, introduction of novel sample preparation techniques, application of existing techniques to new areas, improvement of existing techniques to solve particular analytical problems, development and evaluation of novel materials useful for sample preparation and detailed comparisons of sample preparation methods. Therefore, high-quality research describing technique developments or novel applications of sample preparation in different fields of general interest, including environmental, food, medical, pharmaceutical, environmental and omics, are published.
Sample Preparation journal is going to publish research results in the following fields of chemical science:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Bioanalytical Chemistry
- Separation Science
- Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Food Science
- Macromolecules and polymers
- Omics: metabolomics, proteomics and genomics
- Surface Chemistry and Colloids
- Supramolecular Chemistry and Colloids
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- high visibility of research with worldwide dissemination and accessibility of the articles with open access publish mode
- transparent, comprehensive and fast peer review and publishing services
- free language assistance for authors from non-English speaking regions
- No publication charge for articles published in the first two volumes
- A globally recognized Editorial Advisory Board dedicated to promotion of the journal in the research community
- Fast and comprehensive peer-review
- Ease of contact with journal editors to expedite publication
- Language-correction services for authors from non-English speaking regions"
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Emerging Science
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via online submission system Editorial Manager available for this journal at http://www.editorialmanager.com/sampre/. In case of problems, please contact the Editorial Office of this journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript submitted to this journal should:
- contain original work - not published elsewhere in any medium (in the whole or in part) by the authors or anyone else and not under consideration for publication in any other medium,
- focus on the aims and scope of the journal,
- be clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a scientific publication that is easy to understand for the target audience,
- written in English - attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper,
- be delivered in electronic format.
The journal publishes:
- Research Articles,
- Communications and Rapid Communications*,
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews,
- Vision papers,
- Letter to the editor.
The journal uses a closed single-blind peer review system (the names of the reviewers are hidden from the authors). Submitted manuscripts are reviewed by two or more experts. Reviewers are asked to recommend whether a manuscript should be accepted, revised or rejected. Although the journal uses the plagiarism detection system CrossCheck, reviewers should alert the editors if they suspect any issues relating to author misconduct such as plagiarism.
Reviewers are asked to provide detailed, constructive comments that will help both the editors make a decision on the publication and the author(s) to improve their manuscript. They should point out whether the work has serious flaws that preclude its publication, or whether additional experiments should be carried out or additional data should be collected to support the conclusions drawn.
Our contributors are asked to make sure their submissions comply with rules governing the formatting. Although the journal can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to deliver a properly formatted electronic version of the article.
We accept submission of text, tables and figures as separate files or as a composite file. For your initial submission, we recommend you upload your entire manuscript, including tables and figures, as a single PDF file. If you are invited to submit a revised manuscript, please provide us with individual files: an editable text and publication-quality figures.
- Text files can be submitted in the following formats: MS Word - standard DOCUMENT (.DOC) or RICH TEXT FORMAT (.RTF); PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below),
- Tables should be submitted as MS Word or PDF (not applicable for re-submitted or accepted manuscripts, see below). Please note that a straight Excel file is not an acceptable format,
- Graphics files can be submitted in any of the following graphic formats: EPS; BMP; JPG; TIFF; GIF or PDF. Please note that Powerpoint files are not accepted.
Authors should clearly indicate location of tables and figures in the text if these elements are given separately or at the end of the manuscript. If this information is not provided to the editorial office, we will assume that they should be left at the end of the text.
It is important that authors include a cover letter with their manuscript. Please explain why you consider your manuscript as suitable for publication in journal, why will your paper inspire the other members of your field, and how will it drive research forward.
The letter should contain all important details such as:
- your full name (submitted by),
- full title of article and short title,
- full list of authors with affiliations,
- e-mail of the corresponding author,
- contact address, telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author,
- number of attached files, if there is more than one,
- status: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted).
Cover letter should explicitly state that the manuscript (or one with substantially the same content, by any of the authors) has not been previously published in any language anywhere and that it is not under simultaneous consideration or in press by another journal. If related work has been submitted, then we may require a preprint to be made available. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between the related submissions.
Manuscripts that have been previously rejected, or withdrawn after being returned for modification, may be resubmitted if the major criticisms have been addressed. The cover letter must state that the manuscript is a resubmission, and the former manuscript number should be provided.
To ensure fair and objective decision-making, authors must declare any associations that pose a conflict of interest in connection with evaluated manuscripts (see Editorial Policy for details). Authors may suggest up to two referees not to use and in such cases additional justification should be provided in the cover letter. Authors are encouraged to recommend up to five reviewers who are not members of their institution(s) and have never been associated with them or their laboratory(ies); please provide contact information for suggested reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to select expert reviewers at their discretion. For further instructions, please carefully follow the guidelines described in Instructions for Authors.
Open Access License
Authors have to sign an Open Access License that is available on the webpage. We encourage the authors to send the signed license along with the manuscript. Please note, that no article will be published unless the Open Access License is signed.
Abstracting & Indexing
Sample Preparation is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polish Scientific Journals Database
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Jose Gonzalez-Rodriguez, University of Lincoln, UK
Maria de la Paz Aguilar Caballos, Universidad de Córdoba, Spain
Clesia Nascentes, University of Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Editorial Advisory Board
Mohamed Abdel-Rehim, Stockholm University, Sweden
Grégorio Crini, Université de Franche-Comté, France
María del Mar López Guerrero, University of Malaga, Spain
Carlos Fernandez, Robert Gordon University, United Kingdom
Christian Huck, Institute of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, Austria
Hiroyuki Kataoka, Okayama University, Japan
Tanya Kerr, University of the West Indies, Jamaica
Steven J. Lehotay, USDA Agricultural Research Service, USA
Abdul Malik, University of South Florida, USA
Graham Mills, University of Portsmouth, UK
José Manuel F. Nogueira, Universidade Clássica de Lisboa, Portugal
Stieg Pedersen-Bjergaard, University of Oslo, Norway
Janusz Pawliszyn, University of Waterloo, Canada
Marisol Soledad Cárdenas Aranzana, Universidad de Córdoba, Spain
Marek Trojanowicz, Uniwersytet Warszawski, Poland
Saravana Kumar Jaganathan, PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul, India
Jorge Pereira, Madeira University, Portugal
Paola A. Prada, Florida International University / University of California Davis, USA
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15